Founded in 2009, Cyborg Mobile is a human-centered consultancy providing Technology and Management Consulting Services. Cyborg Mobile provides solutions in Experience Design, Program Leadership, Organizational Change, Product Innovation, Digital Strategy, and Consumer Mobile Technology.
At Cyborg Mobile, we use our combined expertise and empathetic approach to build products that delight customers. Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We enjoy learning for fun and staying curious. If you have growth and ownership mindset and can work cohesively with a team, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Cyborg Mobile seeks a Learning Experience (LX) Designer to support its growing consultancy firm. This is a 3-month contract position with opportunity to extend into a full-time role. This role will work closely with the Digital Training Solutions (DTS) team to design engaging and interactive online micro-learnings for our clients in both public and private sectors.
As an LX Designer, you will design and develop online learning experiences in alignment with best practices in online androgogy and user interface design. In this role, you will have cross-team interactions across designers, and with key stakeholders, senior developers, and project managers. You will work in an Agile team setting to collaborate, build relationships, and execute.
Specific breakdown of responsibilities:
- Design and develop online trainings that introduce terms and concepts and address initial defenses/discomfort based on training topics.
- Apply adult learning best practices and UX expertise to design, deliver, evaluate, and iterate learning experiences.
- Create a digital experience that best fits the needs of the learner/business.
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and subject matter experts on the DTS team to identify knowledge gaps and develop training content.
- Gather and communicate requirements and drive alignment across the team and stakeholders.
- Create engaging learning pathways and micro-learning that lead to measurable user adoption.
- Ensure the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- 3+ years of experience in LX Design/Instructional Design
- Strong background developing e-learnings/digital micro-learnings.
- High attention to detail.
- Proven track record of design consistency.
- Expertise using e-learning development tools such as Articulate 360/Rise, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, and Captivate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working cross-functionally with various teams and stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Experience assessing course effectiveness and using findings to develop solutions that positively impact learner performance in their role.
- Proven ability to think creatively and work autonomously with little direction.
- Familiarity with methods to test user/learners’ cognitive load in a digital space (knowledge checks, quizzes, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in LX Design or Instructional Design preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with uploading online courses to a LMS (Learning Management System) or LRS (Learning Record Store) is a plus.
- Knowledgable in emerging technology trends.
- Proficiency in multimedia, UX, and graphic design.
- Fluent in Agile methodologies and design thinking.